-
October 8th, 2004, 04:03 PM
#1
HB Forum Owner
I also think Samantha's books have more continuity problems. It's amazing they are as close as they are, though. This is how many people have written her books (only counting ones that are stories):
Susan S. Adler
Sarah Masters Buckey
Dottie Raymer
Maxine Rose Schur
Valerie Tripp
I kind of felt like the characters changed...Samantha and Nellie don't seem very consistent throughout the books. Nellie's character changes a lot from a timid and shy girl to a very outspoken person in her most recent book. I won't say what she does since I don't want to ruin the book for anyone. It will be interesting to see which side they chose to represent in the movie version. I hope Nellie is the shy Nellie since then she is much different than Samantha, and that's what makes their friendship so special. [img]biggrin.gif[/img]
Although I really like Valerie Tripp's writing and she invented my favorite character (yay Molly!), I wish they had assigned a different character to each person so that each book could be written by the person who created the character. When you write about someone you almost become that character, and it was probably hard for the authors to take a character someone else had developed and go from there. It's more fun to be able to develop that character on your own. For example, I think Janet Shaw has written most of Kirsten's books, and her character seems really consistent in all of the books.
<font color="#051E50" size="1">[ October 08, 2004 01:07 PM: Message edited by: Melissa ]</font>
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks